People and Places Photography Competition
People and Places Photography - Results Announced
The theme of this months competition is "People and Places Photography Competition"
Entries are invited that capture people and places from around the world. The images may depict everything from street musicians, street performers and people in everyday life situations.
The images should give a feeling of presence and place, and should tell a story.
Improve your chances of success by considering the following
Presentation is everything - add borders - crop effectively (your images do not need to be the shape that comes out of your camera) - avoid distractions in the image - spend some time processing the images.
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- No distinguishing marks on the images
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker, also promotional purposes.
- Competition closed
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Enter three images into this competition free of charge - if you would like to enter additional images you may do so for the nominal fee of£2 (GBP) per image. Once you have completed the entry form if you wish to enter more images you will be guided to the payment option for additional images. We look forward to seeing your entries.
- Overall Winner - Nik Collection 2 by DxO
software worth £125, One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum - access to our members only Facebook group - listing on our directory - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine
Professional Imagemaker for 12 months, also a Masterclass Day Pass to use at the 2020 Convention (worth £50)
Nik Collection 2 by DxO
The Nik Collection 2 BY DxO is a suite that combines seven plugins for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, and Elements as well as DxO PhotoLab 2 ESSENTIAL Edition. It offers a range of 200 exclusive presets and creative effects as well as a number of retouching tools. It also features exclusive U Point local adjustment technology.
- 2nd and 3rd place - 6 months Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum -access to our members only Facebook group - listing on our directory - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 6 months.
No cash alternatives will be given